It is common to forget your ATM PIN, but there’s no need to worry. You can reset your ATM PIN through various methods, and this guide will explain each of them.
Resetting ATM PIN at the Bank If you want to reset your ATM PIN at the bank, follow these steps:
- Fill out the request form for ‘PIN Change’ or ‘PIN Reset’ and submit it to the bank.
- The bank will provide you with a temporary PIN through physical paper mail or SMS. This temporary PIN is also known as Green PIN.
- You will need to reset this bank-provided PIN later by generating a new PIN.
- A self-generated PIN is confidential and secure. Banks generate a temporary PIN through an OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Never share your ATM PIN with anyone, and block the card immediately if you suspect any fraudulent activity or if you lose the card.
Resetting ATM PIN at an ATM To reset your ATM PIN at an ATM, follow these steps:
- Insert your ATM card into an ATM and click on ‘Forgot PIN’.
- Enter certain personal details like your ATM card number, bank account number, type of account, and registered mobile number.
- You will receive an OTP at the number registered with your bank account. Enter the OTP to validate the action.
- Once you have reset your ATM card PIN, you will receive a message of a successful PIN change on the screen.
Resetting ATM PIN through Net Banking To reset your ATM PIN through net banking, follow these steps:
- Log in to your net banking site or application and go to the section of ‘Change/Reset PIN’.
- Enter the new PIN twice for confirmation. You will receive an OTP on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP to confirm and successfully change the PIN. You will also receive the notification of the same on the app/website as well as your registered mobile no.
Resetting ATM PIN through SMS To reset your ATM PIN through SMS, follow these steps:
- Send an SMS to the bank’s number dedicated to the PIN change facility. Enter details like your debit card number or bank account number requesting PIN change.
- An OTP or temporary PIN that is valid for a few hours is sent.
- Go to the ATM, log in with the temporary ATM PIN and change it. Make sure that you reset the ATM PIN before the validity of the temporary ATM PIN expires.
Regardless of how you choose to reset your ATM PIN, it is a straightforward and safe process. Follow the instructions given by the bank or as displayed on the screen of the ATM/net banking app, and you can conveniently and safely change your PIN.