The Combined Geo-Scientist Examination (CGSE) is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for the recruitment and selection of candidates for the positions of Geologist, Geophysicist, Chemist, and Junior Hydrogeologist. The examination consists of three stages: Preliminary, Main, and Personality Test. Here is some important information about the CGSE exam presented in an easy-to-understand format:
- Exam Name: Combined Geo-Scientist Examination (CGSE)
- Conducted by: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
- Frequency: Once a year
- Application Mode: Online
- Exam Mode: Offline
- Number of Vacancies: 285
- Official Website: www.upsc.gov.in
CGSE 2023 Important Dates:
- Preliminary Exam: 19 February 2023
- Main Exam: 24th & 25th June 2023
CGSE Exam Pattern:
- Preliminary Examination: Objective-type questions
- Main Examination: Descriptive-type questions
- Personality Test: Interview-based evaluation
- Nationality: Indian or specified categories
- Education Qualification: Master’s degree in relevant disciplines
- Age Limit: Varies based on the category and post applied for
Roles and Responsibilities of Geo-Scientists:
- Planning and conducting field studies
- Collecting samples and conducting surveys
- Analyzing data to locate natural resource deposits
- Creating geologic maps and charts
- Preparing scientific reports and presenting findings
- Reviewing reports and research done by other scientists
CGSE Exam Test Centres:
- Ahmedabad, Bangaluru, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Delhi, Dispur, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Shillong, Shimla, Thiruvananthapuram
CGSE Exam Admit Card:
- Admit cards will be released at least three weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates must download and carry the admit card to the examination center.
- The syllabus for the CGSE exam has been revised. Candidates can refer to the official notification for the updated syllabus.
Note: This information is provided as a general overview of the CGSE exam. Candidates are advised to refer to the official notification and website for detailed and up-to-date information.