National SC-ST Hub: Empowering SC/ST Entrepreneurs
The National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) is a dedicated initiative aimed at providing comprehensive support to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Entrepreneurs in fulfilling their obligations under the Central Government Public Procurement Policy for Micro and Small Enterprises Order 2012. This program also assists them in adopting best business practices and leveraging the Stand-Up India initiative. The NSSH focuses on several key areas to facilitate the growth and development of SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- Achieving 4% Public Procurement Target: The NSSH aims to help SC/ST entrepreneurs reach the 4% procurement target set by the government.
- Vendor Development Programs and Mentoring Support: The program assists SC/ST entrepreneurs in participating in vendor development programs and provides mentoring support to enhance their business capabilities.
- Information Management: The NSSH collects, collates, and disseminates valuable information about SC/ST enterprises and entrepreneurs, enabling better access to relevant resources.
- Trade-Specific Tool Kits: Trained SC/ST candidates receive distribution of trade-specific tool kits, equipping them with the necessary resources to succeed.
The NSSH is open to both existing and aspiring SC/ST entrepreneurs who are looking to establish or expand their businesses.
The NSSH operates through various sub-schemes that focus on priority areas, ensuring comprehensive support for SC/ST entrepreneurs. These sub-schemes are:
- Special Credit Linked Capital Subsidy Scheme: This scheme provides special subsidies and financial assistance to SC/ST entrepreneurs for the capital required in their businesses.
- Special Marketing Assistance Scheme: SC/ST entrepreneurs can avail of support under this scheme to enhance their marketing efforts, enabling them to reach a wider customer base.
- Single Point Registration Scheme: This scheme simplifies the registration process for SC/ST entrepreneurs, making it easier for them to participate in public procurement opportunities.
- Bank Loan Processing Reimbursement Scheme: SC/ST entrepreneurs can receive reimbursement for the expenses incurred during the processing of bank loans, reducing their financial burden.
- Bank Guarantee Charges Reimbursement Scheme: This scheme assists SC/ST entrepreneurs by reimbursing the charges associated with bank guarantees, making it more affordable for them to secure necessary guarantees.
- Testing Fee Reimbursement Scheme: SC/ST entrepreneurs can benefit from this scheme by receiving reimbursement for testing fees incurred during quality assurance processes.
- Export Promotion Council Membership Reimbursement Scheme: Under this scheme, SC/ST entrepreneurs are supported in their membership to export promotion councils, facilitating their entry into the international market.
- Top 50 NIRF Rated Management Institution’s Short-Term Training Program Fee Reimbursement Scheme: SC/ST entrepreneurs can avail themselves of this scheme to receive reimbursement for the fees associated with short-term training programs offered by the top 50 NIRF rated management institutions.
The National SC-ST Hub (NSSH) plays a vital role in empowering SC/ST entrepreneurs. Through its various sub-schemes and comprehensive support, it enables them to overcome barriers and achieve their business goals. By facilitating their participation in public procurement, providing mentoring support, and offering financial assistance, the NSSH paves the way for the success and growth of SC/ST entrepreneurs in India.