MahaDBT or Aaple Sarkar DBT is a Direct Benefit Transfer is an online scholarship initiative by the Government of Maharashtra for the students who have passed the 10th Examination. It offers around 38 post-matric scholarships for the reserved category students who are domiciles of Maharashtra. The scholarships are given by 8 distinct departments of the Maharashtra Government.
The Maharashtra government has introduced a portal through which they provide MahaDBT Scholarship to the eligible students of the Maharashtra state who cannot afford education fees. This initiative has made the registration process more accessible and seamless through an online portal to avoid long queues at the concerned government office.
The main objective of the MahaDBT Scholarship is to provide financial aid to all meritorious students who cannot proceed with their education due to a lack of financial resources. With the help of the MahaDBT Scholarship, students of Maharashtra will be able to progress in their education and fulfill their dream without worrying about finances.
Scholarship Schemes Under MahaDBT Scholarship
Maharashtra Government provides MahaDBT Scholarship under different departments through various schemes for the Matric passed students. Each scheme has its own benefit and eligibility criteria. The following are the scholarship schemes provided under the MahaDBT Scholarship through different departments.
Step By Step Guide to Application Process for MahaDBT Scholarship
To apply for the MahaDBT Scholarship, you need to follow these steps:
Tribal Development Department
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme (Govt of India)
– Candidate belonging to Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category.
– Family Income is less than or equal to 2.5 Lakhs
Other Schemes under Tribal Development Department:
· Tuition Fee & Exam Fee for Tribal Students (Freeship)
· Vocational Education Fee Reimbursement
· Vocational Education Maintenance Allowance
· Vocational Training Fee reimbursement for the students belonging to Scheduled Tribe Category
Directorate of Higher Education (DHE)
State Government Open Merit Scholarship
Minimum 60% aggregate in class 12
Other Schemes under Directorate of Higher Education (DHE):
· Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Shikshan Shulkh Shishyavrutti Scheme
· Scholarship to Meritorious students possessing Mathematics /Physics
· Eklavya Scholarship
· Government Vidyaniketan Scholarship
· State Government Daxshina Adhichatra Scholarship
· Education Concession to the Children Freedom Fighter
· Jawaharlal Nehru University Scholarship
· Assistance to Meritorious Students scholarship – Senior Level
· Dr. Punjabrao Deshmukh Vasatigruh Nirvah Bhatta Yojna (DHE)
VJNT, OBC, and SBC Welfare Department
Post Matric Scholarship to VJNT Students
– Students must belong to VJNT category
– The annual income of family should be less or equal to Rs. 1 Lakh
Post Matric Scholarship to OBC Students
– Students must belong from OBC category
– The annual income of student’s parents should not exceed Rs. 1 Lakh
Post Matric Scholarship to SBC Students
– Students must be a resident of Maharashtra
– Students should belong to the SBC category
– Compulsory 75% attendance for the current year (Class 10)
– Annual family income must not exceed Rs. 1 lakh
Other Schemes under VJNT, OBC, and SBC Welfare Department:
· Tuition Fees and Examination Fees to VJNT Students.
· Payment of Maintenance Allowance to VJNT and SBC Students Studying in Professional Courses and Living in Hostel Attached to Professional Colleges.
· Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship for students studying in 11th & 12th standard of VJNT & SBC category.
Minority Development Department
State Minority Scholarship Part II (DHE)
– Students belonging to the domicile of Maharashtra
– Family Income must be up to Rs.8 lakhs
– Students who have enrolled in Graduation/Post graduation in Arts, Science or Commerce stream
Other Schemes under Minority Development Department:
· Scholarship for students of minority communities pursuing Higher and Professional courses (DTE)
· Scholarship for students of minority communities pursuing Higher and Professional courses (DMER)
Social Justice and Special Assistance Department
Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship
– Candidates belonging to Scheduled caste or Nav Bouddha category.
– Family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 2,50,000
Other Schemes under Social Justice and Special Assistance Department:
- Visit the official website of MahaDBT Scholarship that is mahadbtmahait.gov.in.
- Look for the Post Matric Scholarship link on the page, and click it.
- Tap on the Post-Matric Scholarship option on the next page that opens up.
- After clicking on the option, you will be redirected to a web page to enter your credentials to apply for the MahaDBT Scholarship. Fill in the required information and tap on the Register button.
- After successfully registering, visit mahadbtmahait.gov.in/Login and log in to your scholarship application using the username and password you created.
- After filling out the application, you will be required to provide some information and upload the necessary documents. Make sure to fill in and upload all the documents required before finalizing the application.
Note: You will receive your reimbursement after submitting the fee receipt on the portal.
Documents Required for MahaDBT Scholarship
- Caste certificate issued by the authority (Govt. of Maharashtra)
- Income certificate / Income Declaration issued by the concerned authority to ensure you meet the Income Requirements under Eligibility Criteria.
- Caste Validity Certificate – Mandatory for Professional Degree courses, Professional Post Graduate. For Non-Professional courses, caste validity is not required.
- HSC or SSC mark sheet and certificates
- Gap certificate – Not mandatory, but it is compulsory in case of a gap.
- If applicable, father/Guardians’ death certificate.
- Aadhar Card
- Disability Certificate (If Applicable).
- The Admission Confirmation Slip.
- Aadhar Linked Bank Account Details
- Domicile Certificate
- Scanned photograph of a candidate.
How to Redeem MahaDBT Scholarship?
- Selected candidates for the Aaple Sarkar DBT scholarship will receive a link to redeem the scholarships via SMS or email.
- Candidates need to click on the received link to direct them to the MahaDBT login page.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Click on ‘My Applied Schemes.’
- Check the redeem status option.
- Click on the ‘Redeem’ tab.
MahaDBT Scholarship Helpline Number
Contact Number – 022-49150800
Toll-Free No.: 1800 120 8040
If you need help with your scholarship application, please call this number to talk to a representative from MahaDBT. They will provide guidance and help resolve any query you have.
What is Aaple Sarkar DBT?
Aaple Sarkar DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer) is a portal launched by the Government of Maharashtra to transfer the benefits and subsidies of various social welfare schemes like E-Scholarships, Pension, Disaster, etc., directly into the bank account of the beneficiary.
Who can apply to the Aaple Sarkar DBT Portal?
Any Citizen of India can register on the portal. Eligibility and disbursement will be according to the schemes as displayed.
You, Will, Get More Information on https://mahadbtmahait.gov.in/home/faq#School%20Education