Uttar Pradesh state offers scholarships to students. The UP Scholarship is actually a scheme that the Government of Uttar Pradesh set up in an attempt to remove the lack of education from the state. This scholarship program is also known as Rajiv Gandhi Education Scholarships and aims at incentivizing students who have outstanding academic performance.
The main aim of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the talented and needy students who reside in Uttar Pradesh and want their carrier in the education field.
The scholarships are offered before matriculation and after matriculation or post matric for SC/ST/OBC/Minorities students as well as the General category. The students can be enrolled in any recognized school/college, distance learning course, etc.
UP Scholarship is only for eligible students regarding qualification, income, and domiciliary. All students need to check if they qualify or not. Thousands of applications and scholarships are rejected every year because the applicants are not eligible. Students must read the complete advertisement carefully to see if they meet the eligibility criteria. If they do, then they should continue and fill out the application form.
- Scholarship eligibility for the pre-matric class 9-10 category requires that you currently study in either 9th or class 10th.
- For the UP-Scholarship Post matric, you must have passed 10th grade (high school) and be enrolled in 11th or 12th grade to qualify.
- For UP Scholarship Post-matric other than 11-12, you must have passed class 12th and be enrolled in any higher education program at a University of the State.
|Post Matric 11
|For post-matric 11 applicants should be 10the class passed and Enrolled in Class 11th
|Post Matric 12
|For post-matric 12 applicants should be 11th class passed and Enrolled in Class 12th
|Applicant should be Under Graduate / Post Graduate / Diploma Courses.
- To be eligible for a Post Matric scholarship, the annual income of your family must not be more than Rs. 200,000. This is true for all categories of scholarship.
- If you are applying for a scholarship other than the 12th grade Post Matric scholarship, your annual family income from all sources must not be more than Rs. 200,000.
- To be eligible for the UP Pre-Matric Scholarship, your annual family income must not exceed Rs. 100,000 across all categories.
Note: You will need to provide relevant certificates to prove this.
- To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must be a resident of Uttar Pradesh and have a domicile certificate from the appropriate authority. In addition, you must be enrolled in any school or college in the state.
Step by Step Application Guide for UP Scholarship Application Form
Candidates can follow these steps to fill out the application form and complete the application process for the Scholarship
- First, go to the official website, which is www.scholarship.up.gov.in.
- Then, click on the “Student” tab on the top menu bar of the homepage.
- Next, select the “New Registration” link and click on it. A new page will pop up.
- Then, select your relevant category (General, SC, ST, OBC) from the list provided on the New page.
- Complete the application form by providing all the required information. Be sure to enter your personal details, qualifications, and any other relevant information correctly.
- Upload your documents by scanning and uploading them in the correct format.
- This is one of the crucial steps in the application process. Once students have filled out the application form, they need to check and review the details before submitting it. Any mistakes must be corrected at this point. However, students are also given a chance to correct the application later on.
- After reviewing it, students can click on the submit button to send in their applications.
- The last step is to save or download the filled-out application form. Students should also take a printout of it for their records.
Note: Once you have registered, it is essential to keep your registration ID and password safe. With this information, you can log in to your scholarship account at any time to check on the status or other updates.
UP Scholarship Required Documents
To apply for the UP Scholarship, you must upload all required documents. The application will not be accepted without these documents. The required documents are listed below:
- Residential proof like Aadhar card, voter ID, driving license Ration card, or PAN card
- Certificates and Marksheets of the qualifying examination
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Annual Income Proof /Certificate
- Bank Passbook
- Registration number of Board/University
- Fee Receipt Number
- Passport Sized Photograph of the student
- Student ID Proof
Candidates can fill out the application form for free. There is no application fee or registration fee, and no other charges for any of the categories of candidates.
UP Scholarship Status Important Dates
|Application Begin Date
|Deadline for Registration
|Deadline to Submit Printout to the College
UP Scholarship – Important Instructions for Students
- The UP scholarship is available to all students who meet the requirements, regardless of their caste.
- Students who have failed are not eligible and must not apply.
- Students from colleges that are blacklisted by the authority are not eligible to apply. These blacklisted colleges include Chaudhary Babulal Institute of Technology and Management, Hathras, Excellence College of Professional Studies, Meerut and Shri Krishna College of Engineering and Technology, Baghpat.
- If you have applied, do not share your personal information with anyone. This includes your bank account number, class 10th/12th roll number, password, or any other crucial information.
- It is a must for the students to attach a photocopy of their bank passbook with their application form.
- The applicant must provide accurate and truthful information. If the information is found to be false, the authority will hold the right to reject the application.
- Applications that appear to be suspicious will not be forwarded for scholarship consideration and will be rejected immediately.
- If you are already registered with the portal, you need to renew your account by adding updates. No new registration is required.
- The scholarship’s updates are posted on the official portal regularly. Applicants are requested to check the portal on a timely basis so they can be informed of regular updates
If you have any questions about scholarships, the application process, or the status of your application, you can contact the following helpline numbers.
- UP scholarship customer care phone No. – 0522-2209270, 0522-2288861, 0522-2286199.
- Toll-free Number. – 18001805131 (Backward Class Welfare), 18001805229 (Minority Welfare).