UPTET or The Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is a state exam that applicants can take to become eligible and recruited to teach at the primary level (Classes 1-5) and the upper primary level (Classes 6-8) in schools in Uttar Pradesh.
The exam is organized by the Uttar Pradesh Exam Regulatory Authority under the Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board (UPBEB).
The UPTET exam is scheduled in two phases for two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2.
UPTET Paper 1 is conducted for applicants who want to become teachers of Classes 1-5, while UPTET Paper 2 is for applicants who want to become teachers for Classes 6-8.
UPTET Exam Online Application Form Process
In order to apply for UPTET, follow the steps.
1. Visit the official website of UPTET, which is www.upbasiceduboard.gov.in
2. Click on ”Apply For UPTET.
3. Register for the UPTET by entering your name, gender, date of birth, address, and other required details.
4. Apply by filling in your registration details.
5. Upload scanned image of your photo and signature. The photo and signature should be clear.
6. Pay the application fee.
7. Save the confirmation page and keep a printed copy for future reference.
UPTET 2021-22 Exam Date
The UPTET 2021 Exam will be conducted again on 23rd January 2022. The candidates who have applied for UPTET 2021 will be issued with a fresh UPTET Admit Card which is to be released on 12th January 2022. UPTET 2021 Examination will be conducted in 2 sessions. The Primary Level Teachers exam will be held in the morning session (10:00 to 12:30) and Upper Primary Level Teachers in the evening session (02:30 to 05:00).
UPTET 2021- Exam Summary
|Exam Authority||Uttar Pradesh Basic Education Board, UPBEB|
|Exam Name||UPTET 2021 (Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test)|
|Level||Primary & Upper Primary|
|UPTET Exam Date||23rd January 2022|
|Language of Exam||English & Hindi|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Job location||Uttar Pradesh|
UPTET Nationality Criteria
The candidates who belong to India/ Tibet/ Nepal / Bhutan are eligible for the UPTET exam.
UPTET Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility criteria for each Paper are different. The candidate should meet any one of the criteria for Paper1 and Paper 2 separately.
1. Educational Qualification for Paper-1, Primary Level Teachers
- Candidates must clear graduation in any discipline from UGC-recognized Universities/Institutions. However, after the completion of graduation, it is mandatory to pursue a two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (DElEd). Candidates who have completed DElEd are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must pass graduation. Post that candidate must clear Basic Training Certificate (BTC) for distance education. Final year candidates are also eligible.
- Candidates must be a graduate or post-graduate with a minimum of 50 percent marks and should be studying a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.).
- Candidates must be a graduate or post-graduate with a minimum of 45 percent marks and should also complete B.Ed.
- Graduation passed candidates along with BTC in Urdu. Final year candidates are also eligible.
- Candidates must clear their graduation and possess a diploma in teaching from Aligarh Muslim University.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation and received the degree of Moavill-E-Urdu before August 08, 1997.
- Candidates must pass class 12th with a minimum of 50 percent marks and complete the 4-year duration Bachelor of Elementary Education (BElEd).
2. Educational Qualification for Paper-2 Upper Primary Level Teachers
- Candidates must be a graduate from a recognized college or University and complete a two-year duration DElEd (BTC).
- Candidates must pass graduation or post-graduation with a minimum of 50 percent marks and should complete B.Ed./ B.Ed. Special Education. Final year aspirants of B.Ed./ B.Ed. Special Education are also eligible.
- Candidates must pass their class 12th with a minimum of 50 percent marks and finish a four-year programme BScEd/ BSc B.Ed. from a UGC or National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) recognized University. Final year aspirants of BScEd/ BSc B.Ed. are also eligible.
- Candidates must have passed their class 12th with at least 50 percent marks and must complete four-year BElEd. Final year candidates of BElEd are also eligible.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation with at least 50 percent marks and complete a one-year duration B.Ed. Aspirants in the final year of B.Ed. are also eligible to apply.
UPTET Age Limit
To be eligible to take the UPTET exam, applicants must be between 18 and 35 years old. Candidates from reserved categories will receive the relaxation in accordance with government guidelines.
• General/EWS: 18-35 years
• OBC: 18-30 years
• SC/ST: 18-40 years
• PwD: 18-45 years
There is no upper limit on the number of attempts that candidates can take for the UPTET exam.
Application Fee for UPTET Exam
If you want to apply for the UPTET exam, you can do so by logging in to the official website. In order to submit the online application form
- For General/OBC candidates, you will need to pay Rs 600/- for either Paper 1 or Paper 2 Rs 1200/- for both the Papers.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category must pay Rs 400/- for either Paper 1 or Paper2 or Rs800/- for both the Papers.
- Candidates who are differently-abled are required to pay Rs 100/-for either Paper 1 or Paper 2 or Rs 200 for both the Papers.
The application form of UPTET will only be paid through online mode.
Note: If you want to apply for both Paper-1 and Paper-2, you will have to fill out the application form separately.
UPTET Exam Pattern
There are two parts to the UPTET exam: Paper 1 and Paper 2. The UPTET exam is an offline pen paper-based exam. Each Paper is 150 marks, and you have 150 multiple-choice questions to answer in 2 hours 30 minutes. There is no negative marking, so try your best to answer all the questions correctly.
The Main question paper is Bilingual (Hindi/English) only. Paper 1 includes the subjects of Child Development and pedagogy, Language 1, language 2 and Environmental studies, and Mathematics.
Paper 2 includes subjects of Child Development and pedagogy, Language 1, language 2, and Science and Mathematics or Social Science.
UPTET Selection Process
The UPTET exam consists of two papers. Paper-I is for the candidates who wish to teach classes 1-5. Paper-II is for the candidates who want to teach classes 6-8. Candidates who want to teach classes 1- 8 need to appear for both Papers.
Cut off are the minimum qualifying marks formed by the examination authority depending upon the level of difficulty of the exam & the total number of candidates who appeared in the examination. The minimum Qualifying Percentage for the General category is 60%, which is 90 out of 150, and for the OBC/SC/ST is 55%, which is 82 out of 150.
UPTET Eligibility Certificate
UPBEB issues the eligibility certificate for the qualified candidates. Candidates with the eligibility certificate can apply for teaching jobs at various Government & Government-aided schools across Uttar Pradesh. The UPTET certificate validity lasts for a lifetime.