What is Ration Card
A Ration Card is a document approved by the government which helps you in buying things like grains, food, lamp fuel, and so on at subsidized rates. Ration cards have been incredibly useful to the people who are not really monetarily well off or are categorized as below the poverty line (BPL) and would find it hard to buy foodstuff. Aside from that, a ration card likewise goes about as identity proof, and address proof and can be utilized for various application processes including, voter ID, domicile certificate, and so on.
Types of Ration Cards?
There are two types of Ration Cards:
White Ration Card: If you are above the poverty line, you can go for the white ration card. It shows that you are a resident of India who is above the poverty line.
Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: People below the poverty line are given these types of Ration Cards. It helps them in buying food and grains at lower rates.
Qualification Criteria to Apply for a Ration Card
There are some requirements you need to meet when applying for a ration card:
- No individual should have applied for a ration card on behalf of you
- No one from your family should have applied for a ration card
- You must be a resident of India
Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card
- State Application Form
- ID Proof (Driving License, Election ID, Government Id Card, Passport)
- Proof of Residence (Telephone Bill, Electricity Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement)
- Photo of the head of the family
- Applicant’s annual income statement
- Surrendered/Canceled ration card if any
Instructions to Apply for a Ration card
There are multiple ways to apply for a ration card:
- Visit the website of the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you live. You can apply by filling the application form and submitting the required documents. After this, a delegate from the department will reach out to you and help you with the process. In the event that every one of the documents given by you is valid, the ration card will be shipped to your correspondence address.
- There are third-party websites that help you by assisting you with filling out the application form and uploading the required documents. You can visit the site and receive the ration card after filling out the application form and submitting the required documents.
- You can send an SMS to the Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the state where you dwell in a particular format. You will then, at that point, get a message educating you to follow the method to apply for a ration card. You can see the detailed process on the official website of your state government.
- You can likewise find the toll-free number or the customer care number on the state government site which you can use to know the steps you should take to apply for a ration card.
- You can likewise visit the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you live alongside the required documents and apply for a ration card by presenting the application form and documents required.
Instructions to Check Ration Card Application status
- Visit the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department of the state to check the status of your ration card.
- For the most part, under E-services on the site, you will see the option to check the current status of your ration card application.
- It is possible that you will be shown a rundown that will contain the names of individuals who have as of late applied for a ration card and the status, or you should enter your credentials and sign in. Whenever you have signed in, you can check the application status of your ration card
Instructions to Download and Print your Ration Card on the web
When your ration card application has been approved you can download the ration card and print it for later use. You can utilize your credentials to sign in to the government website portal and check your ration card application status. Whenever it has been approved, you will see the option of downloading or printing the ration card. The printed variant of the ration card will contain every one of the essential details and you can utilize it to buy foodstuffs at sponsored rates.