People who love to travel frequently and enjoy going on trips then they should apply for an airline credit card. An airline credit card is also known as Flight Credit Card. Here we are going to discuss the uses and how to apply for Flight Credit Cards in India briefly.
What Is Meant By Flight Credit Cards In India?
Sometimes, you work in such a profession that requires you to travel frequently in airlines; then, you can pick-up a good branded airline credit card to get some useful benefits. These flight credit cards are different from cash-back or other general rewards credit cards, as flight credit cards offer you bonus miles for each rupee you spend on it. Also, you become eligible for airline-specific perks.
Most Flight credit cards in India offer you 2 miles for each 1 dollar you spent on the purchase. Another advantage is that when you use this card for other reasons, you will earn miles, such as paying bills, groceries, gas, and other crucial purchases.
How To Apply For Flight Credit Cards In India?
Generally, there are two ways to apply for Flight credit cards in India, one way to apply is the bank’s website, and another way is to use authoritative third-party platforms. Here we will discuss the online procedure to apply for airline credit cards. Most of the banks accept your online application as you don’t need to visit the banks by saving your time. But ensure that you check for the availability of flight credit cards. If you find options similar to Apply on the required page, then you can apply for it by following the below procedure.
- Choose any bank and enter its official website
- Now you need to search and choose the right flight credit card matching your needs
- Now, click on the “Apply” button to enter the application form
- Start filling all your details in the application page but ensure that you enter all the original details of yours
- Before applying, you need to check twice the entered information
- After you submit your application, you will get a reference number which you can use for future references or know the application status
Once the bank receives your application, it may take 3-4 working days to make a call to your number. You will get a call when you are eligible to get the credit card. About the application process, you will get a call or email. To process your application, the bank takes 7-10 days. To track your application status, use the application reference number.
Eligibility Criteria For Getting A Flight Credit Card:
Though different credit card issuers set different norms and conditions for the applicant here, we will see the basic eligibility criteria for it.
- Only Indian Citizens can apply for the credit card
- The applicant should be a self-employed professional or monthly salaried professional or self-employed business holder
- The applicant should have a good credit history
- The minimum age of the person should be 21 years or a maximum of 60 years
Documents Required To Apply For Flight Credit Cards:
The following documents are required to apply for credit card in India.
- Photocopy of ID proof such as passport, Aadhar card, etc
- Xerox copy of PAN card
- Two-month salary slips of the applicant
- Photocopy of any address proof documents such as Aadhar, Voter’s ID, Electricity bill, or passport
- 1 passport size photograph of the applicant
This article might be helpful for you to apply for the Flight credit cards in India, as you can earn miles and discounts for frequent flight travels by making a ticket purchase using this credit card.